Monday, January 16, 2012

Mr. Word Bird says...

Hello!
Welcome back, you need to read quietly as I'm tentatively introducing a new friend to you and he may frighten easily.
Welcome to... Mr. Word Bird.
Each month on roughly the third Monday Mr. Word Bird shall be fluttering by offering a new word of inspiration to this blog and to any of you who wish to join in.



This months word is 'Hello'. Appropriate as it is the first time he has dropped by.

Mr. Word Bird is my own creation stemming from many doodles created whilst I waited for a meeting at work to begin. I decided that in 2012 I wanted to create more 'messy' artwork but something that still had a theme running through it and had a [semi] graphic style. The doodles were worked into, modified and eventually fine tuned in Corel Draw before being transferred to my Craft Robo.
I'd be really pleased if you would like to create your own 'word birds' and I have uploaded his template for you here. Maybe we can have a 'Word Bird' family. If you do make your own leave me a comment with a link and I'll swoop by and check them out.


This months 'Hello Mr.Word Bird' was created with book pages, a postage stamp from a recent Christmas card envelope and illustrations from a Jackanory story book along with plenty of white acrylic paint and some shimmer sprays kindly given to me by TinkerTaylor.
I do hope Mr. Word Bird will take flight... in fact he has already tweeted next months inspiration in my ear...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I really like this a lot - as you say, a good mix between painty/messy/arty and clean/design/illustrationy

Effie said...

Another thing to add to the list!....

Angelnorth said...

He's a lovely, curvy shape - great piece!

Tinkertaylor said...

Glad those sprays have come in useful....seeing as though they've sat on my shelf unloved for months. I'm not commiting at this point but I'll drop by to see what you're all up to and maybe join in.

Rachelxx said...

Love the style :-)

salamanda said...

Love this, will have a play with him at the weekend

Jennifer Grace said...

Love it! He's a great mix of styles, and very cute. x